ABOUT WAGSTAFF MEDIA & MARKETING
Wagstaff is a leading hospitality marketing company that is passionate about people and advocates for talent. At Wagstaff you will find and support an intrepid, transparent, genuine and sharing culture in which we operate on the belief that we are stronger together.
ABOUT THE Freelance Creative POSITION
We are currently looking for Freelance Creatives to offer artistic experience and support mainly focused in graphic design, web development, and photography. These roles interface regularly with the company’s Art Director to support client and business goals. Currently, these positions are not full-time and are on a rolling project-by-project basis.
The ideal candidates will have strong organizational and time management skills, graphic design, web development or photography experience, and a collaborative approach to working with others.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
As a Freelance Graphic Designer your responsibilities will include:
- Design marketing collateral for clients
- Create logos, branding packages, and style guides
- Make digital and printed assets such as: branded collateral, web banners, menus, social media assets, marketing campaigns, flyers, signage, posters, etc.
- Evaluate our clients branding questionnaire and conduct design research
- Build collaborative mood boards with the Art Director and client
- Design website mockups and potentially edit website photography
- Help develop new brands or refresh outdated brands
- Assist with internal design needs for Wagstaff materials
- Resize digital assets
- Create and edit pitch decks
As a Freelance Web Developer your responsibilities will include:
- Build WordPress sites from custom made Wagstaff templates
- Make requested edits from clients regarding the content on their sites (please note you will not be client facing, direction will be passed down by the Art Director)
- Create additional elements on a website that are not already coded into the theme; such as buttons, image galleries, tabs, adding videos, etc. The layout of these elements will be mocked up by our designers beforehand and approved by the client prior to you beginning the project
- Help fix bugs on current sites, update WordPress plugins, and maintain sites functionality
As a Freelance Photographer your responsibilities will include:
- Main content focus: food and beverage, hospitality, restaurants, interiors, events, and professional headshots
- Edit images
- Pick selects to send to us/the client
- Be involved with the Art Director and client to discuss the shoot, art direction, and vision before the shoot
- Please note, you must have your own reliable transportation and equipment
Overall, we are looking for candidates with excellent communication skills, an eye for detail and strong design skills with the ability to handle multiple projects at a time. Must have experience with the full Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and include their website/portfolio. Please indicate which position you are applying for by putting “LA Creative Freelance - *JOB POSITION*” in the subject line. Thank you and we look forward to seeing your application.
Due to the large response we typically receive to this posting we will only be responding to those candidates we are moving to the next round. No phone calls please.