Travel & Hospitality Director
ABOUT WAGSTAFF MEDIA & MARKETING
Wagstaff Media + Marketing is an integrated public relations and marketing agency devoted to the culinary, travel and wine and spirits industries. We offer a comprehensive suite of communications, digital marketing, and branding services for our restaurant, hotel/resort, travel destination, wine and spirits, and hospitality lifestyle clients.
Wagstaff is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and welcoming team. We operate on the belief that we are stronger together. At Wagstaff, you will be a part of an intrepid, transparent, genuine, and sharing culture where we strive to make things better for our team members, clients, and communities.
ABOUT THE Travel & Hospitality Director POSITION
We are looking for a dynamic Travel & Hospitality Director to join our team of versatile storytellers and marketers who are professionally dedicated to their passions for food, wine, and travel.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Client-facing, strategic lead on multiple client teams
• Work with leadership team to curate client teams for maximum profitability and expertise
• Guide, and provide direction to, account managers, associates, and coordinators - monitoring team hours to ensure efficiencies
• Manage multiple clients and projects - Communicating client goals, vision, and values to teams
• Lead sales initiatives, updating CRM, and actively participate in the new business process
• Attend and lead client meetings
• Develop and implement strategic direction for client accounts
• Execute strategy in specialized areas such as social media strategy, earned media and proactive media pitching, partnership development, influencer marketing, travel trade strategy and engagement, etc.
• Attend relevant events/FAMs/media opportunities/etc.
• 5-6+ years of experience working with travel, hotels/resorts, culinary and hospitality lifestyle brands in a public relations agency setting
• Effectively work with remote team members
• Ability to manage multiple, cross-functional projects and teams simultaneously
• Holds self and others accountable
• Fundamental understanding of social media, and/or other marketing platforms
• Passion and patience developing and executing strategies in a fast paced and changing business environment
• Excellent people leader capable of directing, coaching, and supporting an outstanding team
• Holds strong relationships within industry contacts and client
• Curious, driven, compassionate and collaborative with an overall passion for the hospitality lifestyle industries - restaurants, travel/destinations/hotels, wine and spirits.
• Must be able to communicate in a clear and professional manner
• This role is remote in the sense that you will be working from home, however, this role requires you to be based in the Chicago area to attend occasional in-person client and team events
Wagstaff offers a nurturing work environment where creativity and professionalism are abundant, dynamic and independent thinkers thrive, and intrepid work inspires. Additionally, Wagstaff provides a variety of benefits and perks including medical, dental, vision, flexible-spending, and life insurance plans as well as 401(k) match, ample PTO, hospitality allowance, remoting capabilities and more.
To apply to this position, visit the following link: https://wagstaff-media-marketing.breezy.hr/p/08990f0178fe
Due to the large response we typically receive to this posting we will only be responding to those candidates we are moving to the next round. No phone calls please.