Los Angeles or Chicago
Social Media Associate
ABOUT WAGSTAFF MEDIA & MARKETING
MMGY Wagstaff is an integrated public relations and marketing agency devoted to the culinary, travel and wine and spirits industries. We offer a comprehensive suite of communications, digital marketing, and branding services for our restaurant, hotel/resort, travel destination, wine and spirits, and hospitality lifestyle clients.
MMGY Wagstaff is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and welcoming team. We operate on the belief that we are stronger together. Here, you will be a part of an intrepid, transparent, genuine, and sharing culture where we strive to make things better for our team members, clients, and communities.
ABOUT THE Social Media Associate POSITION
We are looking for a dynamic Social Media Associate to join our team of versatile storytellers and marketers who are professionally dedicated to their passions for food, wine, and travel and strive to make things better.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Offer behind-the-scenes support while being client-facing
• Execute strategy, with a focus on specialized areas such as copywriting, research, community management, pulling analytics & reporting, creating content calendars, paid social ads, presentation decks and assisting with and coordinating with influencers and managing deliverables
• Present during client meetings, as needed, and actively participate in drafting new business proposals
• Engage projects with exceptional grammar and spelling
• Advocate for the client, and proactively engage on their channels in a timely manner; engage with influencers
• Research and help develop strategic partnerships and creative campaigns
• As needed, assist in coordinating (and attending) events on behalf of clients
• Provide general support to the Account Director and Account Manager on all client initiatives developed in the marketing campaign
• 2-3+ years of experience with demonstrated success in a social media marketing setting, agency and hospitality experience is a plus
• Must be able to manage time and deadlines autonomously on a daily and weekly basis
• Comfortable working independently and as part of a multi-functional team
• Solid and professional communication skills
• Adaptable, solution-oriented, and resourceful when tackling challenges and obstacles
• Self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion
• Highly motivated to learn new things and improve your skills. Driven and compassionate
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and other platforms such as Adobe, Canva and social media scheduling sites report results, create tools and templates for client work
• Skilled at photography and videography content generation for social media, including creating/cutting Instagram Reels, photo editing and photoshoot experience
• Can capture content using mobile device
• An overall passion for the hospitality lifestyle industries - restaurants, travel/destinations/hotels, wine & spirits. Must be able to communicate in a clear and professional manner.
MMGY Wagstaff offers a nurturing work environment where creativity and professionalism are abundant, dynamic, independent thinkers thrive, and intrepid work inspires. Our competitive benefits package includes group medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as other offerings including paid short-term disability, a 401(k)-retirement plan with match, voluntary long-term disability, pet insurance, and accident/critical illness plans.
Compensation for this position is based on experience and can range from $50,000 - $60,000 annually. To apply, please visit the following link: https://wagstaff-media-marketing.breezy.hr/p/8b7e1841ca9a-social-media-associate?state=published
Due to the large response we typically receive to this posting we will only be responding to those candidates we are moving to the next round. No phone calls please.